Back-End Software Engineer
Ergatta is seeking an experienced back-end software engineer to join the engineering team! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Ergatta is a fitness tech startup that is creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment. The first of these is the Ergatta Rower, which provides a challenging, competitive, full-body digital fitness experience centered around an indoor rowing machine. As fitness activity shifts into the home—rapidly accelerated by COVID-19—we believe the big winners will be those that innovate around what is on screen. Our gaming-inspired content provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience, radically different from the class-based model. Ergatta recently closed a seed round of funding led by Greycroft Partners, with participation by Techstars, Mark Pincus (Zynga), Chamillionaire, and others.
Ergatta is looking for an experienced back-end engineer! You will be working on the REST API that powers the flagship Ergatta experience. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build new features, work on and implement optimizations for performance, and develop new ways to support communications with our front-end experiences. You’ll be responsible for turning product specifications into a scalable web service, written in Go and using PostgreSQL, that supports workout experiences used daily by our users.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for building scalable and performant web services
- 4+ years of software development experience, with 2+ years of experience working on web services
- Fluency in Go or a comparable language
- Experience working with a relational database system like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with concurrent programming models, such as CSP (e.g. Go channels), Actors, or STM
- Experience with CPU and memory profiling
- Experience profiling slow SQL queries
- Experience with Git or Mercurial
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX, and UI requirements into code implementations
Bonus points if you have:
- A passion for fitness or gaming
- Experience with automation testing
- Interest in DevOps practices, such as CI and CD
- A GitHub profile with project(s) you can walk us through
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.