Ergatta is seeking a Growth Lead to join the NYC headquarters team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Ergatta is a venture-backed fitness tech startup that’s creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment, the first of which is the Ergatta Rower. As fitness activity continues its years-long shift into the home, which is being rapidly accelerated by Covid-19, we believe the big winners will be brands that innovate around digital content. Our gaming-inspired content is the first of its kind and provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience. Ergatta is backed by Greycroft, TechStars, Mark Pincus, Scott Dorsey, Zach Weinberg, Nat Turner, and more.
We have a dream job for growth marketers interested in emerging consumer brands. The role provides the opportunity to join an exciting new consumer brand in a hot space, marketing an innovative product, with well-established organic demand and huge upside potential. The role is our 10th full-time hire and will report directly to the CEO. The Growth Lead role will be both operational and strategic: it will involve both hands-on, direct management of multiple channels, as well as ownership of overall acquisition strategy, in partnership with the CEO and COO. The Growth Lead will have one direct report to begin with, will manage several external partners/contractors, and will be tasked with building out a bigger, more specialized team over time.
The ideal candidate is a marketer than can go both high and low: they are capable of both defining and managing growth strategy, as well as getting their hands dirty and directly operating e.g. a website and an email marketing program. They are energized by the thought of defining the best way to communicate the excitement and value of a new consumer product, and then turning around the executing against that strategy in a disciplined, systematic, and iterative way. A passion for fitness, gaming, design and/or sports is a plus!
Initial Goals and Priorities:
- Collaboratively define Ergatta’s growth strategy in partnership with the CEO and COO
- Manage execution against our growth strategy. Refine or redefine our strategy as needed based on data or changes in the competitive landscape or consumer behavior.
- Manage our messaging strategy. We currently have a messaging strategy that has been only lightly tested. A critical component of this role is managing the testing, iteration and refinement of our messaging hierarchy, primary through our website/landing page testing and paid social.
- Manage and grow our marketing team.
- Manage agency and contractor relationships for PR, paid media execution, design and whatever else is needed.
- Directly manage or oversee the following channels in-house:
- Owned: website, email, inside sales
- Paid: Social, Search, others as needed
- Earned: influencer
- Oversee the following channels which are currently managed through external partnerships:
- Owned: social
- Earned: Press and influencer
- Manage and optimize our measurement and attribution system.
- Establish the Ergatta brand as one that is fresher and cooler than the competition, that appeals to a specific and different customer/persona, and that offers a substantially differentiated consumer experience
- Effectively communicate the creation of a new category (gaming-enabled fitness equipment) and the value and excitement of a new type of digital fitness content (fitness gaming) to a mainstream audience
- Ultimately, grow the Ergatta user base from hundreds to hundreds of thousands
- Are an experienced growth marketing practitioner: 3-7 years directly managing acquisition marketing for consumer products
- Have deep expertise in acquisition strategy for consumer products; capable of measuring and optimizing that strategy over time
- Are an expert at messaging strategy and effective consumer-facing communication
- Are capable of writing and evaluating marketing copy
- Are rigorous and quantitatively inclined
- Are comfortable and experienced in both Google and Facebook marketing suites from both a technical and a quantitative system; you can troubleshoot a tracking issue and explain the limitations of digital marketing attribution systems
- Have direct experience managing or overseeing the following channels:
- Paid Social
- Organic Social
- Have experience with or some knowledge of the following channels:
- Insides sales
- Ideally, but not necessarily, have experience in fitness, home goods and/or high-priced items with long, high-information sales cycles
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.