Senior Android UI Engineer
Ergatta is seeking an experienced Android UI developer to join the engineering team! Email email@example.com to apply.
Ergatta is a fitness tech startup that is creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment. The first of these is the Ergatta Rower, which provides a challenging, competitive, full-body digital fitness experience centered around an indoor rowing machine. As fitness activity shifts into the home—rapidly accelerated by COVID-19—we believe the big winners will be those that innovate around what is on screen. Our gaming-inspired content provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience, radically different from the class-based model. Ergatta recently closed a seed round of funding led by Greycroft Partners, with participation by Techstars, Mark Pincus (Zynga), Chamillionaire, and others.
Ergatta is looking for an experienced Android developer! You will be working on the flagship Ergatta tablet experience that we will ship with every rower. We are looking for someone with a passion for optimizing UIs. If you obsess over making sure we don’t drop frames when rendering animations or inflating complex layouts, this is the role for you. You will get the opportunity to develop customer-facing features in Kotlin to deliver best-in-class fitness experiences across several different markets. You will be responsible for turning ideas, designs, and specifications into a large tablet app used daily by our users. Further, we believe the role of a senior engineer involves mentoring and coaching. We are looking for someone who enjoys helping less experienced engineers grow and improve.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for building scalable and responsive customer-facing applications
- 6+ years of software development experience, with 4 years of Android app experience in Kotlin or Java
- Fluency in Kotlin or a similar language, like Swift or Scala
- Experience with concurrent programming
- A love for CPU and memory profiling
- A passion for helping to mentor less-experienced engineers
- Experience with Git or Mercurial
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVVM
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX, and UI requirements into code implementations
Bonus points if you have:
- A passion for fitness or gaming
- Published application(s) to the Google Play Store or iOS App Store
- Experience with automation testing, such as with Espresso
- Experience with or curiosity about reactive frameworks
- A GitHub profile with project(s) you can walk us through
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.